David Bowie cameo

Facundo

David Bowie cameo

Post by Facundo »

Ok, so I think we have to discuss one of the biggest mysteries so far. Is David Bowie going to appear?

We know some facts:
-The filming of the series started on September 2015 and Bowie died on January 2016 (Catherine Coulson died on September 2015 and Lynch managed to include her)
-Bowie was on the original script, as confirmed by Harry Goaz.
-Few people knew about Bowie's disease, it's being said that he has discovered about it little before his death. Even Brian Eno, one of his best friends, never expected it.
-Lynch gave an extremely important part to Jeffries and all his story. This is my main point about he appearing on this season and surprised me a lot, because his part in FWWM wasn't so important, or at least not SO important. He could just have vanished but we know he has been acting in the shadows.
-DL has managed to make clear which characters are not going to appear. Harry Truman, for instance, "is sick". Period. We know he is probably not going to appear. But Jeffries is constantly being mentioned, we even know there is a complete plot in Argentina etc.
Part 5 has added a lot of information about this, we even know there is a plot in Argentina (as an Argentinian, I LOOVE this, that aerial take was extremely exciting for me, I even can spot a sign from the place I work, how cool is that?).
Fuego, camina conmigo | @ArgTwinpeaks
dale_coop

Re: David Bowie cameo

Post by dale_coop »

Nice, Facundo.
I agree, I think we will see David Bowie as Jeffries... I don't know if Lynch managed to shoot some scenes with him for this season, or if we will see old (unused or deleted) footage from 90's.
The Argentina plot is very exciting, can't wait to see more ;) (...in fact, we already waited so long)
A damn fine cup of coffee