I'm pretty sure that he used a lot of his previous ideas (captured in his litographies) to shape great part of the moments of this season.
- Cooper falling to non-existence (S03E03) | Man and Machine (David Lynch, 2009)
- Sam and Tracey confronting the thing in the box (S03E01) | Man and woman in a box arguing (David Lynch, 2009)
- Cooper emerging in New York (S03E03) | Here I am - Me as a House (David Lynch, 1990)
- Escaping through the electrical outlet (S03E03) | Hello Goodbye (David Lynch, 2007)
- Ruth Davenport body (S03E01) | New Head (David Lynch, 2008)
You can find his complete work (or at least, most of it) here. Full of great ideas, I'm sure there should be a lot more!