Harry Truman

owlofwisdom62

Harry Truman

Post by owlofwisdom62 »

Now we have all heard that Micheal Onkean is not returning in the new series, but what if that is just a red herring to ward us away from the trail so to speak?. Admittedly they have covered Harry's absence within the third season in a telephone conversation with his brother Frank, but the one thing that makes me think he could still make an appearance, and he has potentially been left off the cast listing is so that his entrance will not only be a surprise of dramatic effect on the series fan base, but also fitting with the prevalent meta referencing to Lynch's other works seen throughout the series so far. We have not as far as I am aware had a Straight Story reference as yet , but thinking about the moving re-acquaintance of the two brothers at the end of that film wouldn't it also be fitting for arguably the two of the most popular characters of the original series, in terms of friendship to meet again in a similar manner?
Lynchland

Re: Harry Truman

Post by Lynchland »

I still hope also that Michael Ontkean will appear in an episode. There's anyway a big mystery in the Season 3 production : when David Lynch and Mark Frost announced it, Michael Ontkean publically asked to find a jacket similar to the one he was wearing in the first seasons. That definitely meant he was going to come back. And then, a few months later, we learnt that he has "retired" ? Hum, really strange !
Call for help !

Roland K. / Lynchland
Facundo

Post by Facundo »

There has been a lot of uncredited actors so far (some of them mid-important) and this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Remember even Michael Horse told that he was going to return

Link:
http://archive.alternativenation.net/mi ... win-peaks/

And I think Lynch knows what to do with his characters. He has "removed" characters from the show like nothing, like it was normal. A lot of plot twists (some of them very.. unnatural at least) were just explained "just because".
But in this case, Sheriff Truman is always appearing. He is mentioned, characters know about his disappearance.. let's compare with Donna. Nobody mention her and she just disappeared, she is not there anymore. So I think there's a chance.
Fuego, camina conmigo | @ArgTwinpeaks
I'm Dougie2

Post by I'm Dougie2 »

Harry is very sick. That's what is going on with him. I heard the actor wasn't a part of this season. A shame. Frank's call last night explained perfectly about Harry. As Lucy said in episode one. He's out sick.