Keeping Up With The Joneses

!kcoRs'teL

Keeping Up With The Joneses

Post by !kcoRs'teL »

While I, like most viewers I imagine, give a little cheer every time Coop has a momentary flash of his old self, I'm really enjoying the scenes with 'Dougie' and his family. It's as if Cooper's dispossessed spirit has invaded one of those family sitcoms where some bumbling bozo with an improbably attractive wife and lovable child gets into scrapes that the sharp-as-a-tack wife and kid have to get him out of.

Naomi Watts is perfect as Janey-E. For all the nagging and yelling she's clearly devoted to Dougie, and this shows in more tender moments. She's clearly used to Dougie's 'episodes', and this, alongside the way his colleagues aren't too worried by his behaviour suggests that when Dougie was 'manufactured', whoever made him - presumably Mister C, as a decoy to trap Coop - didn't particularly set out to make too good a job of it, so Dougie's been poorly-made and is faulty.

I also adored Janey-E's confrontation with the loan-sharks, and I roared with laughter throughout.

As for 'Dougie', and his case files, there may be a clue as to what the scribbles he made on the forms relates to elsewhere in the episode, for, as someone else spotted and screengrabbed on twitter, the text on Todd's computer screen when the red square symbol from his employer appears is an email about financial statements, including a paragraph which reads;

To understand how income statements are set up, think of them as a set of stairs. You start at the top with the total amount of sales made during the accounting period. Then you go down, one step at a time. At each step, you make a deduction for certain costs or other operating expenses associated with earning the revenue. At the bottom of the stairs, after deducting all of the expenses, you learn how much the company actually earned or lost during the accounting period. People often call this “the bottom line.”

Another thing which may have relevance or just be a coincidence, Sonny Jim's first line of dialogue in the series is, 'I've already brushed my teeth.' While Doppelganger Cooper/Bob's final line in the FWWM Missing Pieces scene in the Great Northern that picks up directly from the final scenes of Series 2 is, 'But I haven't brushed my teeth yet.'
Ludolynch

Re: Keeping Up With The Joneses

Post by Ludolynch »

Seen on "Welcome to Twin Peaks" Facebook page... Can't resist to show you ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dale Cooper is not what he seems...
Lynchland

Re: Keeping Up With The Joneses

Post by Lynchland »

Ah ah, yes, it's funny. I've been sent this, and I have planned it for later today on Lynchland, a funny one :D
Call for help !

Roland K. / Lynchland