Gold coated shovels

kollalfa

Gold coated shovels

Post by kollalfa »

Noticed the shiny shovel from Ben Horne's trip down memory lane (in season 2)? Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KkqAnemdMQ. Can't tell if it's gold coated on black and white film, but interesting thought: Does the idea for Dr. Jacoby's "new hobby" stem from this?
Lynchland

Re: Gold coated shovels

Post by Lynchland »

I wonder if David Lynch designed himself the whole painting mechanism for this. I can easily picture him building this especially for the scene ! :)
Call for help !

Roland K. / Lynchland
kollalfa

Post by kollalfa »

Lynchland wrote: 04 June 2017, 22:34 I wonder if David Lynch designed himself the whole painting mechanism for this. I can easily picture him building this especially for the scene ! :)
After explaining in detail how he was working on a new table, with all it's functionalities and obscurities, I do not doubt your suggestion one bit:
- What were you doing last night while we were all watching the premiere? Were you watching, too?
- A whole bunch of cast and crew went to a bar in the valley, and they had a big screening. So I pictured them there. I was at home working on a table in my woodshop.

- What kind of table?
- Okay, I’m building a table — well if you have a pen, I can draw it for you.

- I have a pencil.
- Yeah, that would be perfect! [He begins drawing] Here is a place for glasses, remote controls, and pens. And here’s a circle with Kleenex coming out. Here’s a larger circle for a wine bottle. This is a door on special hinges that holds cigarettes and lighter. And over on this side is a large door, so this part right here is a place for Parmesan crackers and trail mix and wine glasses and different things. I’m going to have electricity wired into the table — I’m going to have a lamp — so I have a switch right here. And then down here is a drawer that has a place for a yellow pad. If I have an idea, I can take out the yellow pad and write it down with the pens. And it’s on these red wheels. So it’s a side table that holds all the things that I use.

- Is this for your painting studio?
- No, it’s for a place where I sit. I can watch TV from that place, or I can meditate from that place, or I can think in that place.

- So you were building a table last night.
- Yep.
Link to whole interview (and a drawing of the table): http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/26/twin-peaks-david-lynch/
Mr. Jackpots

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

"Golden Shovels: Why is Dr. Jacoby (Russ Tamblyn) spray-painting golden shovels in the woods, with such frequency that he’s even built a complicated contraption in order to expedite the process?"

FOR SHOVELING SHIT! AHAHAHAHA!
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop »

I have no idea what Jacoby is preparing. But might be, will be, important at some point ;)
A damn fine cup of coffee