Tamara Preston and the secret dossier...

Coop

Re: Tamara Preston and the secret dossier...

Post by Coop »

Hey!

This article shed some light on the while Tamara Preston thing. As for example when Christa Bell tells us that she didn't read the book before she was done filming. So no wonder the character feels different to some of us. The easy explanation is that she kind of is! It also gives me the feeling that Dom can be right about the files turning up much later.

Time will tell.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... avid-lynch
Mr. Jackpots

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I'm not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, but I really wonder how much of Mark Frost's The Secret History of Twin Peaks is "accurate" -- in the sense that it corresponds with the original series, Fire Walk With Me, and now The Return. Apologies, but I haven't read it after seeing some articles about it or excerpts that just don't "mesh" with the original series and Fire Walk With Me. Frost is a screenwriter first and foremost, and I don't think his version is the only one (Lynch's input and edits are absolutely his own). Twin Peaks is a collaboration between Frost and Lynch so I have a hard time just taking one of their books as the "definitive" one -- it's like getting only half of the story. I didn't like Tamara's walk back to the diner which objectified her and certainly didn't give her an air of a tough as nails, brilliant FBI agent but instead made her into a sexy trophy for Agents Cole and Rosenfield. And let's admit it -- the purpose of Frost's book is to sell books. I'll have to see more convincing excerpts, maybe get it from the library and read it, and also wait until the Final Dossier comes out to make a definitive judgment. No hard feelings. :)
Coop

Post by Coop »

No hard feelings.
You might be right, we'll see... Also, I agree with you about Tamara walking to the diner. Didn't like that part at all.
Either way, I really think you should read the book. Especially if you are interested enough to join a forum talking about it.