Forthcoming Criterion 4k release

Facundo

Forthcoming Criterion 4k release

Post by Facundo »

So apparently Fire Walk With Me is coming to Criterion this year. This has been a rumor for years, now 99% confirmed. Criterion added Fire Walk With Me to their online collection (available now on YouTube) so we can say it's a fact :)

Also, a new 4K restored version was announced in Japan, so we can assure that we are finally getting the long awaited 4K widescreen edition

We've seen some widescreen footage of the original season and seems to be very interesting, the remastered aspect ratio on films it's a long debate but at least I think it's nice.

There are also lots of rumours about what the new release is going to include. They say it will include The Art Life (the rights of the film were also bought recently) Personally, I can't expect less than the complete 3h30m original FWWM edit.
Fuego, camina conmigo | @ArgTwinpeaks
dale_coop

Re: Forthcoming Criterion 4k release

Post by dale_coop »

Always a good news when a Criterion edition is announced.

Personnaly, I had every box editions of the series & movie that been released (vhs/laserdisc,dvd, goldbox dvd, uk dvd, french dvd, then came "The Entire Mystery"). I updated each time with the newer edition that came.
But now, I am very satisfied with "The Entire Mystery" edition. I don't want to buy another version...
Except, maybe, if it's a very complete box: all 3 seasons, pilot and the european one, FWWM, all the extra, ... (and me too, would really really want the long version of FWWM ;))
A damn fine cup of coffee
Dam

Post by Dam »

I don’t think that there will be FWWM with the missing pieces in the same movie. But, I only say that because of my theory (that I don’t want to explain ^_^) that I have on the season 3. I think that Lynch keeps the missing pieces apart for a good reason... my mouth is sealed. :-)
Lynchland

Post by Lynchland »

Dam wrote: 07 June 2017, 02:34 I don’t think that there will be FWWM with the missing pieces in the same movie. But, I only say that because of my theory (that I don’t want to explain ^_^) that I have on the season 3. I think that Lynch keeps the missing pieces apart for a good reason... my mouth is sealed. :-)
Well, I'm not the kind of guy who keeps his mouth "sealed" :) Before Season 3 began, I was often saying I could easily imagine that they would re-use some old footage, and a few people were telling me that there would only be some NEW scenes there. And well, season 3 began with the "I will see you again in 25 years" sequence, and since, we have seen many sequences involving Bob and "the bad Dale". Regarding David Bowie, I have said a few times that I wouldn't be surprised if the "Buenos Aires Missing Pieces" were included in this new season and what we have seen so far seem to lead in this direction for the moment.

Concerning FWWM, David Lynch will never include the Missing Pieces in the actual film anyway. FWWM as we know is and has always been his "Director's cut", and it's perfect the way it is (as to me, I would only have loved to see the very short clip of the Log Lady in the woods included in the final cut).
Call for help !

Roland K. / Lynchland
Facundo

Post by Facundo »

Lynchland wrote: 07 June 2017, 13:45 I have said a few times that I wouldn't be surprised if the "Buenos Aires Missing Pieces" were included in this new season and what we have seen so far seem to lead in this direction for the moment.
Wow! this is something I never thought but it makes a lot of sense now, very feasible.
Facundo

Post by Facundo »

David Lynch: The Art Life confirmed for September. No info yet for FWWM.

https://www.criterion.com/films/29285-d ... e-art-life